Straits Pipeline Independent Risk and Alternatives Analyses
Independent, 3rd party contractors are working on a risk analysis and alternatives analysis for Enbridge’s Line 5. Both analyses will provide information and data to assist the State of Michigan in future decisions about the Straits Pipelines. Upcoming
opportunities exist to review and comment on the risk and alternatives analyses draft reports.
Public Engagement Workshops
The Watershed Council will be hosting workshops to help citizens make the most of the upcoming public comment periods on the draft analyses.
During the workshop you will learn
• What’s inside the Line 5 Independent Risk and Alternatives Analyses draft reports.
• When public comments will be accepted on the draft reports.
• What types of public comment are most effective and how to submit them.
Public Information Meeting
Thursday, July 6 - Lansing, Michigan
The information meeting will have presentations from the contractors and a question and answer session. Venue and time will be announced 14 days prior to start of public comment period.
Public Feedback Opportunities
• Monday, July 24th - Lansing, Michigan
• Monday, July 24th - Traverse City, Michigan
• Tuesday, July 25th - St. Ignace, Michigan
For venues and times visit the Michigan Petroleum Pipeline webpage: